Bloggers are the third most trustworthy source of information on the internet behind friends and family so it makes sense to include them in your PR campaigns.
Reaching out to these influencers does require some skill and I’m pleased to share some tips with you in this PR blog.
1. Conduct extensive research into who is covering products/services in the same category as your brand. Do searches on all social media platforms until you have built up a master list. Follow them for a few weeks and notice how often they post, check the quality of the posts, see if they are personal or promotional, and see how many fans or followers they have, and what engagement there is from their followers. After this, you should be able to create a shortlist of three influencers.
2. Reach out to the blogger and let them know you love their posts and blogs and that you have a suggestion for them and will be in touch with them shortly with an offer. Hopefully at least one will reply, which means you have started a relationship with them, which is what you want.
3. Meanwhile, you will have worked out what your offer will be and what you require in return. One can assume that influencers with 20K followers would require more than one with 2K followers. For example, your offer could be:
4. You need to be clear on what you want to ask for in return. For instance, are you after:
5. When you have communicated the ‘offer’ and the ‘ask’ and you both agree on what’s required of each other, make sure you set up a way to measure the results so you know whether the outreach was a success or not. The correct tagging and tracking elements should be identified in the offer/ask process.
6. Follow up and assess future collaborations. Perhaps they may be interested in becoming a brand ambassador? In any event, if it was a success, nurturing an ongoing relationship would be a desirable result for both parties.
And as a PRO Tip, be mindful that you don’t want to abuse the relationship by having the same offer with the blogger’s competitor. Work on one relationship at a time or make sure the offer with someone else is totally different.
If you need help connecting to influencers or bloggers, please get in touch with us.
A: 5a Hartnett Close, Mulgrave VIC 3170
T: +613 9803 2588