Motivation. We all need it for something we want to achieve in our business or our personal life.
Many business owners get stuck before they start business publicity and promotion because they don’t actually know where to start or how to go about it.
After promoting clients for more than 20 years, we are pleased to share our knowledge. The media shown in the montage above have all included details of our clients over the past few months.
Hopefully these 10 tips will help lift your motivation and kick start some self promotion.
1. Where would you like your brand, products or services to be promoted? Chose media/influencer outlets that directly relate to your existing customer base and research them. Investigate what they write about, how they write the articles, who they quote, etc.
2. Decide which angle to focus on for your story and ensure you answer the 5 x Ws (who, what, when, where and why) and How. You will craft your pitch based on this information.
3. Make sure you know who the audience is for each of the publications (online, digital, print, etc.). When compiling your pitch, you need to have the customer in mind as to why they would be interested in your story.
4. Think like a journalist. Question everything you write as an editor would. They want everything they publish to get as many eyeballs on the story as possible, so it needs to hold the reader’s attention.
5. What are the key takeaways for the reader? How will they benefit from reading the article?
6. Include some stats, facts and trends that demonstrate your knowledge of the subject.
7. Include details of a case study to add a human interest element or real world example.
8. Pitch to the right person, which is usually the editor, and make sure they know it is exclusive to them.
9. Rather than write the full article before you pitch, you can get the editor’s approval that they will publish. Then you need to find out how many words they want and the deadline.
10. Get a great image or two to go with the story.
You may need to follow up as required as editors get hundreds of emails a day. If and when the pitch is accepted, make sure you comply with their requirements.
In undertaking all the above you should be able to achieve success and add some media logos to your website in recognition of their endorsement, as we have achieved recently for our clients.
If you need any assistance, please contact us today using the form here.
A: 5a Hartnett Close, Mulgrave VIC 3170
T: +613 9803 2588